Skip to main content

MY FUTURE JOB

 

I entered this career always thinking about the vocation of public service, to be honest, any job that can satisfy the problems of the people in the state, I would be very grateful. Now, I would love to work in some ministries creating projects and public policies, it is the area that I like the most of public administration, I think I am very good at creating things and I also feel that I am very close to the realities of people to be able to implement good projects. It could also be in a municipality where the work is closer to the people.

Everything I mentioned above of course I would do indoors, but only because I feel more comfortable and I think I perform better, I like routine and being in an office would not bother me.

If the opportunity to travel were given it would be incredible, I would like to be able to compare the functioning of the government and public management in other countries, it would be incredible. But more than a trip, it would be to collect the good of the foreign public administration and thus be able to be inspired by that and apply similar things (obviously according to the Chilean context). Still and all, it's not my priority.

I hope the salary will be high LOL. No, seriously, I have always said that I do not care much about the salary, however, I would like it to be enough to live well and be able to be independent and not have to be full of debt. It is not something that worries me, I really believe I can be capable with my effort to get a good salary.

The truth is that I am in the first year, but I am inclined (until now) to take the mention in public management. Mainly because I entered to this career mainly with the idea of solving problems. I live in Puente Alto, and despite living in a middle / upper-middle class area of the commune, I have still seen and been very close to the problems that afflict the communes on the periphery and all the problems that exist. Perhaps it is a bit delusional, but I really would like to be a contribution and change (even a little) public management, which is effectively at the service of the people. That is why I think the logical thing, is perhaps to be in a position of leadership, since many times, these leaders are very disconnected from the problems that afflict the people and what really moves me is to be able to change that and bring the state to the people, that they feel represented and that they take care of their institutions, but that change must start from the same public services and its officials. 

As a freshman I think that what scared me the most in the beginning (and until now) are math lines, not because I'm doing badly, but because I really don't like them. Even so, I think that I have overcome it and it is important to tell yourself that I am not here for the curriculum, but to exercise and to really be a contribution to society. So, if someone reads this, from how little I have been in the program, the most important thing is always to remember why you are here and what you want to change and contribute, even if you do not like certain things or branches of the programs (mathematics in my case XD).

Success to everyone who reads this.

Alex xx 



Comments

  1. I believe that having a public service vocation should be a requirement for the career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honesty, the state needs workers who are clear about their ideas and have a vocation for public service.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY BEST HOLIDAYS

Hi there,  On this occasion (as you saw in the title) I will tell you about my best holidays, specifically, my trip to Uruguay. I went to Uruguay in February 2017, when I was 15 years old. I didn't go with my parents; I went with my uncles and my two cousins ​​because they made me the invitation. We stayed in the country for two weeks. And one of the things that I remember the most and I am ashamed to this day, is that the first day we arrived at customs at the Uruguay Airport I dropped my identity card!!! I did not realize, however, a person who was behind me, passed it to me (fortunately) . To this day I wonder, what would have happened if I had lost it? Maybe they wouldn't even have let me in. Take care of your identity card, please. Don´t be like me. But well, that's a very bad anecdote. The first week of vacation we traveled to Montevideo, we stayed in a neighborhood called “Pocitos”. There we arrived at a very nice hotel, the best thing of that hotel was that it

Brief Analysis of my favorite Science Fiction book: Brave New World (Un Mundo Feliz)

As you saw in the title, today I will do a brief analysis of the novel "Brave New World" (in Spanish: Un Mundo Feliz). But first, I will do a little summary. Brave New World is a novel written by Adolf Huxley and published in 1932. It is interesting to notice that Huxley wrote this novel before the periods of totalitarianism and dictatorships, however, the text is based on a totalitarianism, without this book being a criticism of these regimes. The book relates a futuristic world 632 years after a world revolution that established a "World State" where humans are created and genetically altered. In addition, when they born, they are separated into castes. These castes are designated with letters of the Greek alphabet from the Alpha (upper caste) to the Epsilon (lower caste). The castes are physically and intellectually inferior to the previous one. This in order to have people adapted to their social position, during childhood they are conditioned, in order to b