Skip to main content

MY BEST HOLIDAYS


Hi there, 

On this occasion (as you saw in the title) I will tell you about my best holidays, specifically, my trip to Uruguay.

I went to Uruguay in February 2017, when I was 15 years old. I didn't go with my parents; I went with my uncles and my two cousins ​​because they made me the invitation. We stayed in the country for two weeks. And one of the things that I remember the most and I am ashamed to this day, is that the first day we arrived at customs at the Uruguay Airport I dropped my identity card!!! I did not realize, however, a person who was behind me, passed it to me (fortunately). To this day I wonder, what would have happened if I had lost it? Maybe they wouldn't even have let me in.

Take care of your identity card, please. Don´t be like me. But well, that's a very bad anecdote.

The first week of vacation we traveled to Montevideo, we stayed in a neighborhood called “Pocitos”. There we arrived at a very nice hotel, the best thing of that hotel was that it had a breakfast buffet in the morning, so I always carried provisions in my backpack. You had to take advantage, buddy.

In Montevideo we went to restaurants, museums, gardens, fairs and shopping. We also rented bikes to ride along the coast. Mostly we were dedicated to touring the city and its architectural heritage. The city was beautiful, very green and clean. The best thing is that were very few people on the street and in the malls, so when we wanted to buy in the fast food places, it was REALLY fast, because there wasn´t people, lol.

The other week we traveled to Punta del Este. The truth is I fell in love with that place, mainly because of the beaches, they were very warm and calm (Pacific Ocean could never). The center of Punta del Este was very beautiful and welcoming, all the people were very happy and at night you could go shopping and go to eat or go to a fair. The only bad thing is that everything was excessively expensive, a drink from Mc Donald’s cost three times what it costs in Chile (and coffee too).

Why was it my best vacation? I think it was because I always liked Uruguay for its political system, so I had it very idealized. However, Uruguay exceed my expectations. The country was beautiful, and the people were very nice. You could tell that there was not as much inequality as in Chile. Its people really like and care for their country and culture. Something that I really liked is that there was a lot of diversity (people LITERALLY smoked joints everywhere and in front of the Government House. Chile could never) Also, I had a great time, I really had a great vacation and we were able to do what we wanted. I want to come back one day.

P.S: the photos are not mine; I can't find them on my cell phone

Alex xxxxxx 





Comments

  1. Hi Alex, reading your post it is clear to me that it was a nice experience, i wish i could go to Punta del Este and visit that beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Uruguay someday too! I'm pretty jealous, I can tell you really had a good time there <3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex! I can't believe it but when I was in Brasil I also lost my ID card, now its funny but at the moment was very frustrating haha.
    I have never stayed in Uruguay but I hope to visit that country one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex, something similar happened to me with my identity card, but when I had to give the psu, apparently I lost it on the way home. someone found it and left it at the door of the school where he was taking the test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex, woow from what you count Uruguay sounds great, I hope to have the opportunity to go at some point, I also have the feeling that it is a spectacular country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alex, Uruguay must be beautiful, something similar happened to me with my identity card when I went on a tour of Argentina ... encouragement for the clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I also idealized the political system of Uruguay from what I have read and heard. It's good to know the reality of a person who was there! I hope can go one day and see it

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiii!!....you have to be careful with all the documents, once with my cousin I forgot a statement and put it in the suitcase we almost left it in Sao Paulo ahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY FUTURE JOB

  I entered this career always thinking about the vocation of public service, to be honest, any job that can satisfy the problems of the people in the state, I would be very grateful. Now, I would love to work in some ministries creating projects and public policies, it is the area that I like the most of public administration, I think I am very good at creating things and I also feel that I am very close to the realities of people to be able to implement good projects. It could also be in a municipality where the work is closer to the people. Everything I mentioned above of course I would do indoors, but only because I feel more comfortable and I think I perform better, I like routine and being in an office would not bother me. If the opportunity to travel were given it would be incredible, I would like to be able to compare the functioning of the government and public management in other countries, it would be incredible. But more than a trip, it would be to collect the good of the f

Brief Analysis of my favorite Science Fiction book: Brave New World (Un Mundo Feliz)

As you saw in the title, today I will do a brief analysis of the novel "Brave New World" (in Spanish: Un Mundo Feliz). But first, I will do a little summary. Brave New World is a novel written by Adolf Huxley and published in 1932. It is interesting to notice that Huxley wrote this novel before the periods of totalitarianism and dictatorships, however, the text is based on a totalitarianism, without this book being a criticism of these regimes. The book relates a futuristic world 632 years after a world revolution that established a "World State" where humans are created and genetically altered. In addition, when they born, they are separated into castes. These castes are designated with letters of the Greek alphabet from the Alpha (upper caste) to the Epsilon (lower caste). The castes are physically and intellectually inferior to the previous one. This in order to have people adapted to their social position, during childhood they are conditioned, in order to b